Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hollywood

Now in my experience there is many ways in which you can make money on the streets. A few examples are prostitution, drug dealing, hot-dog stand and of course busking. So it was with much delight that I made my way to Hollywood to see what was on offer in regards to capitalism on the streets.

I had heard that if you want to make it in show business you have to make your way to Los Angeles and in particular to Hollywood as it is a type of Mecca for the performing arts. I wasn't the least surprised to see movies being filmed, beautiful people walking the streets and a Louis Vuiton store open to the public and filled with asian tourists. There were cameras, lights and wax sculptures and of course street performers.

So this brings me to the art of making money. In Hollywood you can make money on the streets by dressing up as a famous movie character and charging people to have a photo taken with you. It was amazing to me to see all these impersonators being "tipped" 1 US Dollar for the privilege of being filmed. Wow...why didn't I think of that. Go into town dressed like Kylie and charge people one buck per pic. I'm telling you that the bloke dressed as Bumblebee was making a killing and he looked good too, and to my 4 year old son he was just the right height. If he had transformed into a Charger my son could have easily driven of with him. So there we have it, more ways to make money on the street. And I look forward to seeing Wolverine and Tinkerbell in melbourne soon...apparently they are saving to bring their Photo ops to a town near you

No comments:

Post a Comment